How do I change my CenturyLink Wi-Fi password?
Here’s how to change your Wi-Fi password if you have a newer CenturyLink modem and it’s already connected to a device:
- Open a browser window and go to http://192.168.0.1.
- Log in with the Admin username and password. You can find the default information on the modem sticker. If you used a custom username and passphrase, log in with those.
- Under “Wireless Setup,” choose “2.4 GHz” (see upper left-hand corner).
- Under “Wireless Security,” choose the SSID you want to edit from the drop-down menu.
- In the second drop-down menu (“Security Type”), select desired security type (it’ll more than likely involve WPA2).
- In the third drop-down menu (“Encryption Type”), select “both.”
- Under “Enter security key/passphrase,” choose the default passphrase or enter your own. Custom passphrases must have 8–63 characters. You may use any letter from A–Z, any number from 0–9, and blank spaces.
- Hit “Apply.”
If these steps don’t work, check instructions for older CenturyLink modems.